Civil engineering is considered as one of the oldest engineering disciplines and has been the backbone of humans civilizations. Most of the worlds infrastructures owe their existence to the wonderful science of this branch of engineering. Civil engineers design and construct public structures like buildings, roads, railways, tunnels, ports and airports. Most people cannot imagine life without the many contributions of civil engineers to the publics health, safety and standard of living.
Civil engineers help to preserve our environment by assisting in the cleaning up of existing pollution and planning ways to reduce future pollution of our air, land and water. Civil engineers can specialize in a variety of sub-fields including construction, structural, transportation, water resources, environmental and geotechnical engineering. Civil engineering majors should have a strong background in mathematics and science.
|The faculty is committed to produce:
||Graduates who are competent in Mechanical engineering profession or in other fields they choose to pursue.
||Graduates will are leaders with ethical values in their chosen profession as well as being socially responsible.
||Graduates who are involved in lifelong learning activities for successful career advancement.
|At the end of the programme, students should be able:
||To apply knowledge of mathematics,,science, fundamentals and other related fields to the solution of,complex engineering problems.
||To identify, formulate research literature and analyze complex engineering problems.
||Design/Development of Solutions
||To design solutions for complex,engineering problems that meet specified needs with appropriate,consideration for public health and societal and environmental,considerations
||To conduct investigation into complex,problems using research based knowledge and research methods including,design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis,of information to provide valid conclusions
||Engineer & society
||To apply reasonable and practical,knowledge to assess societal , health, safety, legal and cultural issues,and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional,engineering practice
||Environment & Sustainability
||To explain the impact of professional,engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and,demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
||Project Management & Finance
||To demonstrate knowledge of engineering, management and financial principles in multidisciplinary environments
||Individual and Teamwork
||To function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings
||To communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large
||Modern Tool Usage
||To create, select and apply appropriate,techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including,prediction and modelling, to complex engineering activities, with an,understanding of the limitations
||To ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice
||Life Long Learning
||To recognise the need for and have the,preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning,in the broadest context of technological change
The Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Civil at the Faculty of Engineering, Unisel is a 4 years degree programme that aims to provide advanced education in engineering that is relevant to the construction industry; providing the required knowledge and skills pertaining to buildings, water resources, infrastructure, highway and transportation, structures, environment etc. Apart from the basic knowledge and skills in civil engineering, students will also undergo industrial training in the third year of their studies, to enhance their attitudes towards engineering practices. The core syllabus that requires specialization will be offered to the students during their final year. Regular visits are made to the industries and project sites to expose the students on their specialized areas. Besides that, students are also required to complete their final year project or thesis which requires them to acquire skills in technical writing and presentation, research methodology, experimental based research, data collection and analysis.
The students knowledge, skill and attitude are further enhanced through participations in the various competitions and activities at university and national levels. These activities and competitions provide the best platform to test the students capabilities and performances. The Civil Engineering Club (CEC) is a student body representing all Civil Engineering students in the Faculty. CEC is actively involved in organizing visits, talks, seminars and charity works involving all the members. It has contributed greatly in facilitating student members to join the Institute of Engineers Malaysia (IEM) and the Green Card registration from the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB). Cultural activities and religious celebrations are also regular functions of CEC.
1. Pass Foundation in Science from UNISEL with at least CGPA 2.00; or
2. Pass Foundation/Matriculation Certificate in Physical Science from IPTA/Ministry of Education with at least CGPA 2.00; or
3. Pass Foundation/Matriculation Certificate in Physical Science from IPTS with at least CGPA 2.00; or
4. Pass Diploma in Engineering/ Science/ Technology from UNISEL/IPTA/IPTS/ Polytechnic with at least a CGPA of 2.00; or
5. Pass STPM with credits in two following subjects; Mathematics and one of the Sciences subjects; or
6. Pass other qualification that organized by Malaysian Government; or AND,Candidates Pass a Malaysia University English Test (MUET) certificate; Else, students must sit MUET during the duration of study in UNISEL.
Additional Entry Requirement
7. Australian Senior Secondary Qualification;
– Pass South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with a minimum mark of 50 in 5 subjects; or
– Pass Western Australian certificate of Education (WACE) with a minimum grade C; or
– Pass New South Wales Higher School Certificate(NSWHSC) with a minimum of 60 marks (BAND 3); or
– Pass other qualifications recognized by the Australian State.
8. Canadian International Programme (CIMP)/International Canadian Pre-University Programme (ICPU);
– Pass Ontario Secondary School Diploma(OSSD) with a minimum mark of 60% in 6 subjects; or
– Pass other qualifications recognised by resident country/state with Grade 12.
LOCAL – RM 47,300
INTERNATIONAL – RM 66,655
The profession offers an extensive range of engineering tasks including designing, supervision and construction activities of public works like buildings, roads, bridges, tunnels, ports, airports, dams, water works, sewerage systems, etc. On most projects, civil engineers work in teams or in coordination with other engineering disciplines and professionals. Graduates can find work as a site engineer, supervisor of a construction site, assume a managerial position in a design office or do research as well as teaching in government organisations or private concerns. Some civil engineers, particularly those working for government agencies, may practice across multiple specializations, particularly when involved in critical infrastructure development or maintenance.
– Water Resources
LOCAL – RM 47,070
INTERNATIONAL – RM 62,350
- Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC)[2014-2016](BEM/024/0100/M004/809)
- Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)[2012-2017](R/526/6/0024/09/17) (A 8483)
Head of Programme